PDA

View Full Version : Should I of bet the turn?

symphonic
03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
I think I got too tricky on the turn here and forced people to call 2 bets instead of one. Should I of bet the turn? or checked then smooth called? Or did I do it right?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Qc (full house, kings full of queens).
Button shows 4s Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

blackaces13
03-22-2004, 10:34 PM
I would have led out on every round and hoped to get raised behind me from any live king. Then on the turn I'd 3 bet it if the button raised me, which he would have. I'd smooth call a raise on the flop though.

Whats the point of checking the flop in EP if you're not gonna CR and you have the nuts? I don't get it, give someone a chance to raise you.

Tosh
03-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I think I'd lead this turn hoping everyone would call and the button would raise so I could trap the 2 in between for extra bets.

cold_cash
03-23-2004, 12:12 AM
I think check/calling the flop is okay (maybe someone can pick up a draw with the next card), but I like Tosh's advice for the turn.

sfer
03-23-2004, 12:54 AM
You should lead that flop. Remember all those times you wanted to protect your AA and everyone called on the flop because it was only 1 SB and some dude hit his miracle gutshot? Now that's working to your advantage and you've got a nearly invulnerable hand. Plus, leading into a pot like that stinks of a bluff to a table of LL skeptics. No one will give you credit. Hope for a raise and call/raise as is your pleasure and read of the calling station-itis of the table. Repeat on the turn.

Checkraising the turn was terrible. Everyone has, at best, a weak hand on a scary board and they're much less likely to call 2 given your huge show of strength after laying low on the flop. You announced your hand and made it expensive to call. Sometimes playing straightforwardly is the most deceptive and most profitable play.

symphonic
03-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Yea, that's kinda what i figured. Oh well, another lesson learned /images/graemlins/smile.gif