PDA

View Full Version : An AK hand

04-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Mostly wondering about the turn play here.

UTG dealt AhKh and open raise. Come to think of it, this may have been a spot to limp-reraise, seeing as I'm new to the table and its been aggressive so far, and its nice to set an image.

Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: As 9h 9s

BB checks, I bet, button raises, BB cold calls, I 3 bet, button and BB call.

Turn: 4s [As 9h 9s]

Checked through.

River: 6s [4s As 9h 9s]

BB checks, I check, button bets, BB calls and I fold.

Button shows Ad Qs and takes it down, BB shows 3c 3s.. duh.

I f'd up the turn. Who calls the river if the BB folds?

04-01-2002, 10:48 PM
You can look at it this way.... Button had top pair and one out from the nut flush if the river makes his flush hand. I think you saved one BB.

04-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Yes, but that's results oriented thinking. I should have bet the turn while I had the best of it, maybe folding to a checkraise from the blind.

04-01-2002, 11:36 PM
I think if you bet the turn, button will still make a crying call. The fact that you 3 bet the flop, he could have put you on AK because, if he thought that you had AA, you could have waited for the turn to bet or check-raise. And even if he felt you had the Ks, calling with the second nut flush, Qs, is worth one more bet. JMO

04-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Once you check the turn, I think you have to call on the river. Even with the river being scary.

What's the BB thinking? What can you have that he can beat? Gotta love guys like this in your game.

04-02-2002, 12:46 AM
To say you should have bet the turn with the best of it is results oriented. Without a showdown, you don't know you had the best of it, do you?

The real question is what are people cold calling and raising with on a board of As 9h 9s? Then, when another spade comes should you bet into them with AK? Personally, I would want to get to the showdown cheap here because I can't beat a 9 or a flush and any big spade is calling me anyway.

I don't think your turn check is bad.

KJS