PDA

View Full Version : 3 left 2 short stacks 1 hard decision?

TylerD
03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Stars SnG, blinds 200/400. Hero has 494 chips and is SB, BB has 12000 chips, button has 751 chips.

Button goes all-in. The decision is on you, you hold A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif thats right a non-hold'em game!

The game is PL08 you have a very good hand for a short stack, it will cost you 200ish to call where a double-up will give you only a very slim chance of winning the SnG. As the blinds are so high the big stack will almost certainly call and you stand a reasonable chance of moving up a spot if you fold. Do you make the call?

JrJordan
03-22-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm still new but I'd think this is a pretty easy laydown. If you call, you still don't know what the big stack has and he could likely call both of you. If either of them win, you're out. I think I'd take my chances to let them duel it out and take my free hand on the button if it doesn't work out.

gunboat
03-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Normally, if I am a small stack, I don't like another small stack playing without me. You have an excellent hand for 3 handed - both high and low possibilities. Button has advertised a decent hand, but not likely to be better than yours. BB could have a crap hand here, but still would be correct to call. You can't just let this one go by and let button increase his stack without a fight.