PDA

View Full Version : 88 UTG vs. a flush draw

Tyler Durden
03-22-2004, 01:54 PM
$50 one table SNGo on Stars. Just started, no reads. I have T1490. Blinds are T10/T20.

I have black 88 UTG and limp. An MP limps also (he has T1450 and is my main opp. in this hand). The guy after him makes a minimum raise to T40. The SB calls, BB folds. 4 way flop action.

Flop comes 655 w/ two spades. SB checks, I bet T150 into a pot of T180. MP calls, PFR folds, SB folds. Heads up to the turn.

It's an offsuit 4. I bet T350 into a pot of T480. He calls.

River is deuce and it puts up the flush. I check. He moves in for his last T910.

My play?

Comments appreciated.

unfrgvn
03-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Interesting post. I've been thinking a lot about "weak tight" lately, because I think I'm often guilty of playing that way. I would be interested in hearing if others think folding is a weak tight play here, because thats what I would do. I think I would fear an over pair here more than the flush, since you made nice size bets into the pot to discourage a flush draw. If you think about it, there aren't many hands you can beat here that he would (or should) have to have called you down. Perhaps A with a big kicker and he is trying to buy the pot since you showed weakness by checking. It looks to me like any likely flush or str8 draws got there and he's trying to get it paid off.