PDA

View Full Version : Biggest suckout ever.

kiemo
03-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Mucking preflop I watched this hand from the sidelines.

First hour of a home tourney. Blinds really unimportant. CO and Button are basically same stack size. CO raised 2BB preflop, Button called. Flop came K83 rainbow. CO goes all-in. Button calls.

CO flips KK
Button flips QQ.

Since this is a suckout story, you can just imagine what the next two cards were. <font color="white">QQ for the unimaginative </font>

Worst beat I have ever and probably will ever see in poker.

William
03-22-2004, 02:01 PM
How about this one :

Yesterday playing NLHE 3/6. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif, get all the money in the middle preflop against K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot around 1300$ flop AKT all /images/graemlins/spade.gif At the end the board shows AKT92 all /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a split.

Damn the 78% rule. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis
03-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Few weeks ago, in a multi on stars, very short stacked, I push with A9, and get called by A4.

flop: J-9-6 (long break... I have time to breath and be happy)

Turn: 4 (OK, he's got only two outs, can't be too bad /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

River: 4

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AleoMagus
03-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Actually, strictly speaking, this really IS the biggest suckout ever from flop to river

Any bad beat story where one player on the flop needs exactly two running cards to hit perfectly is as bad as it can get.

I suppose the odds against doing this is easy to calculate

2/45*1/44

which comes out to about 1/1000

I saw one once where KK squared off against AK
Flop came K44. turn 4. river 4. AK wins with kicker

Regards,
Brad S

Edit: Now that I think about it, mine is still not as bad as yours because the AK could also have hit running aces and there are still three of those left in the deck.

William
03-22-2004, 03:03 PM
One more great suckout, this time from a home live game :

Flop Q33, lots of action.

Turn 4. even more action

River 4. 3 players all-in

Player 1 shows QQ for the double fullhouse.

Player 2 shows 33 for the floped quads.

Player 3 shows 44 for the runner-runner quads and the huge pot !!

That's a nasty one.

William
03-22-2004, 03:06 PM
This is fun. one more bad beat story /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flop Q85 rainbow, everybody checks.

Turn 2, lots of action from 3 players, they are all-in.

River 5.

Player 1 shows QQ for the full house.

Player 2 shows 88 for a smaller full house.

Player 3 shows 55 for the quads.

He he /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Toro
03-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Almost identical to the suckout Corkins had on Hellmuth in the recent WPT event.

sammiK7os
03-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Didnt happen to me but I seen this at my table last Monday.
It was a 1/2limit 6 player max table. By the end of the hand the pot was huge. Flop came rag, 9, T. Turn 9. River T. One guy had pocket 10s the other poket 9s /images/graemlins/wink.gif

racingspider
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Not exactly a suckout, more like divine intervention.
I've got pocket aces and raise pot limit. A few fold and another person matches the pot and I boost it back up which puts him all in. Everyone else folds. The cards show.
I've Got AA, he has AJ.
Flop: 666! Whoohooo!!! Says I. Gotcha! I flopped sixes full! Sweet.
Turn: A!!! Holy crap! YAH!!! Now I've got Aces FULL! Whoohoo!
River: 6. Damn. Pot splits. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
We ended up splitting the blinds! Blah!

xtravistx
03-22-2004, 07:41 PM
My story to add is yesterday on Party. I'm playing NLHE, $25. Work my stack up to $55 bucks. I have AA. It's raised to me $5, then reraised to $10.. what the hell I push for $55. Of course they have AK and QQ and the flop comes out Q-5-2.. biggest pot of my life.. no more NLHE for me.

Oh I forgot to mention that AA got cracked 3 times yesterday (vs K4, KJ, etc), running my party bankroll down to 0.

Peter Harris
03-22-2004, 09:21 PM
all this ranting about suckouts - it's part of the game. If you are unable to take the short term beats in favour of the long term reward, poker isn't your game. There's no luck in chess, or go. play those games instead.

and remember, every now and again you yourselves are in desperate need of a favourable suckout. If we didn't have them, no-one would play.

Sorry to sound harsh, but remember, what the fish taketh away, the fish giveth thricefold back. keep thinking that and you can smile against the suckouts.

Stay lucky,
Peter Harris

bob2007
03-23-2004, 03:28 AM
sorry, I just had the biggest suckout possible.

I had 10 /10 other dude had few chips KK

flop was 10 xx turn k river 10

Cptkernow
03-23-2004, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all this ranting about suckouts - it's part of the game. If you are unable to take the short term beats in favour of the long term reward, poker isn't your game. There's no luck in chess, or go. play those games instead.

and remember, every now and again you yourselves are in desperate need of a favourable suckout. If we didn't have them, no-one would play.

Sorry to sound harsh, but remember, what the fish taketh away, the fish giveth thricefold back. keep thinking that and you can smile against the suckouts.

Stay lucky,
Peter Harris

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to sound harsh but remember a fundamental part of poker is talking about your bad beats with your buddies. If you cant handle that perhaps you should try become a pompuos lecturer. Oh look you allready have.

my worst bad beat involves 25Nl at party.
I have AA (a true bad beat must involve AA) cant remember the preicse details but it involves a hefty preflop reraise by me. This reraise gets it heads up with the intial raiser who calls.

Flop is a rainbow of rags with no face cards. I go all in. Other guy calls. What does he have Q7o, yes thats right Q7o, and before you ask the flop dosnt contain a Q or a 7.

Turn: Q
River: 7

Now my play might not have been perfect but it holds up under Slankys theory of poker. ( I would have acted the exact same way had I been able to see my opponents hands)

It wasnt just losing the pot to a perfect perfcet draw it was the insult of the total crapness of the hand itself:Q7o

William
03-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Nobody is complaining about the suckouts. e are just posting some funny stories and having a laugh.
Something you apparently haven't done for a long time, grouchy uptight individual /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Stagemusic
03-23-2004, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter,

Come on now. Who was really griping? These are fun and most of them didn't even involve the player. Read the tone of the message as well as the words. Everyone here knows that these types of hands are what keeps bringing the fish back. Hell, they are what keeps bringing us all back at one time or another. Talking about them occasionally makes us laugh and cry at the same time. Here's something to take with you...

Difference between Fairy Tales, and Poker Stories?

Fairy Tales begin with "Once upon a time..."

Poker Stories begin with..."You ain't gonna believe this crap, I was holding..."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

fsuplayer
03-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I am not the one complaining on this one. Worst situational suckout I have ever seen. Suncruz tourney this weekend. Final ten players.
Top Nine get paid.
My good buddy is in the small blind.
Two callers to him and he shoves it all out there.
MP folds. LP, second in chips calls.
Heads up.
My friend flips over two red aces!
Other guy has As3s!
Flop: 6d 2c 2h. (He is 98.15% at this point)
Turn: 5s
River: 4d
He busts out on the bubble. Ouch! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

spazm6666
03-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Heres a good one for me.... Short stack ahead of me pushes in and gut tells me he is weak. I have PP7 and raise it all in. One other big stack calls me. Small stack shows A4 os and other caller shows 75 os (yeah he called with this and two big pushes ahead of him). Forget the exact board but I made the set on the flop but mister 75 made some awkward straight. Sigh, life i good!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I have to post this so sorry guys.
The worst one I have ever seen is this, and this happened to me.
I have 55, BB has Q4o, I am UTG.
Blinds 25/50
I min raise hoping for no callers, get 2 including BB.
Flop is 57Q rainbow. BB bets 500, almost half his stack, I reraise to 1000, he goes all in I of course call.
Turn 7.
River Q. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I was so pissed, told the a hole he got really lucky, especially since he played that hand HORRIBLY, he proceeds to call me a fucker, bitch, loser, yada yada yada. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
The little lucky fucker /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I would rather lose to a legitimate preflop hand and get outdrawn than get outdrawn by pure garbage.