PDA

View Full Version : finally placed in a multi-tourney

bombusan
03-22-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm still a posting newbie, but was very happy with my play last night. A $5+1 multi at pokerroom.com last night, about 280 players, and I came in 2nd, so had to share that news =).
First time ever I've been in a tournament where I didn't witness any bad beats. I can't recall being rivered once- although I lost a large portion of my chips when there were about 30 players left- pocket K's vs pocket A's. I still somehow managed to pull myself up and onto the final table.
It did take 4 hours though, I had no idea these lasted that long- prior to this, the highest I've placed in a multi tourney was 20th.

Crispyk
03-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Congratulations, Second place is really awesome in a tournament that large. You should be very happy! Sounds like you played well. I wish I could finish a tourney without being rivered /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom Bayes
03-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Well, over the last week or so I've had my best multi-table finishes ever, both in terms of money and size of field.

First, the money. Last Friday night, I played a $100+9 NL Holdem Tournament on UB (using a TEC I had won in a $3 rebuy satellite) and won. 1st place out of 123=$3690. I did not suffer a single bad beat (about time!). I won a major pot with 55 (presto!) when the flop came AK5 rainbow and I eventually won the tournament by rivering a flush on the final hand with KQ (sucking out a set of sevens). I was not dealt AA once in the entire tourney and was only dealt KK once (in headsup-opponent folded!)

Next, on a much smaller scale in terms of winning, I won a stud hi-lo freeroll on Planet Poker about 10 days ago. 1st out of 589 players-only $20 but good for the ego to beat that many players, even if most of them were hopelessly bad. Took about 45 minutes heads-up, but I wore down my opponent with selective aggression.

The very next tourney I played after my big money win was a cheap SNG (staying at the same stakes-not gonna give back my big win!). I had AA in the first orbit of hands, raised preflop, flopped another ace and went allin, but got knocked out when some schmuck playing 94 suited rivered me with a flush. That was a quick return to bad beat reality!

TBone
03-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Nice! Congrats!

I've gotten into tourneys a bit from ring games and had a bit of success.

I placed 3rd in a qualifier at Party, (course noone cares about finishing once they've qualified) and 19th in a seven-hundred some person tournament at Party.

Definitely a good feeling. gl and keep it up.

T