PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 hand

mmanne
03-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, UTG+2 caps, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="green"> Should I have just called here? My thinking was the nut flush would cap, but most other hands wouldn't. So I would call a cap and a river bet, or bet on the river if he didn't cap. </font>

River: (18 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="green"> Should I have raised here?
</font>
Final Pot: 21 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 21 BB, between UTG+2, Hero and UTG.</font>

Rico Suave
03-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey mmanne:

I would probably play it the same way.

I like the smooth call of the raise on the flop b/c the bettor is in the perfect spot for a c/r on the turn.

I would 3-bet the turn as well with the 2nd nut flush. Some others may be more aggressive than me and lead out again on the river, but I would probably check call here like you.

--Rico

bunky9590
03-22-2004, 10:49 AM
after his turn cap, you need to check call the river

Justaloser
03-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Should I have raised here?

I don't think so either. I had no idea who was ahead at that point. And was slightly surprised when you took it down.

2000Flushes
03-22-2004, 11:10 AM
The board didn't pair and a 4th heart hasn't fallen, you have the 2nd nuts.

I'd bet the river and call a raise.

AviD
03-22-2004, 11:52 AM
UTG+2 cold calling two on the flop with that board screams out I have something worth seeing this out even with that flush board/draw.

When he raises and caps the turn, unless he's uber LAG with AQ or a slowplayed set...I think the right move is to check call it down.

Obviously you only lose to the K high flush, but I can't imagine what else he's pounding the pot with...make a note of him based on this hand.

QnA
03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't consider UTG+2 to be LAG, considering that he only called preflop. I'd put him on KJs, JTs, T9s, etc. I think you played this fine. So, didja win? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
03-22-2004, 12:35 PM
And you want UTG to overcall with a hand that is hopelessly beaten.

mmanne
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear that I was on the right track. I win with my Q high flush

Thanks for the advice everyone ...
matt