PDA

View Full Version : odds question

LSUfan1
03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
How do I figure my odds for a hand with 2 cards yet to come versus one card yet to come?

How does this influence the way I bet my hand with say 2 pair, against a flush draw or if I hold the flush draw?

Thanks guys,
Cliff

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Henke
03-22-2004, 10:48 AM
You might want to check out Lou Kriegers latest Card Player article (http://www.cardplayer.com/?sec=afeature&art_id=13913). Regarding your question, if you have a split two pair (both cards in your hand has paired the board) you probably have the best hand. When you do, the rule of thumb is to get money into the pot, regardless of wether there's a str8-draw, flushdraw, higher twopair draw or whatever out against you. If you're the one with the draw, you can (on the flop) value bet a strong flushdraw against as little as two opponents. For the str8-draw, you need 3 callers to make value-betting correct. This is because the odds to make your flush or str8 by the river is 1.86:1 for the flush and 2.17:1 for the str8. That means that if you get more than 1.86 bets in against your (nut) flushdraw for every bet you put in, you make money.

LSUfan1
03-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks a bunch. This is exactly what I was looking for!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif