PDA

View Full Version : Big 10 over-rated. Illinois under-rated.

Sincere
03-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Well 2 out of the 3 big 10 teams are out. But, Illinois stomped the sh*t out of Cincinnati and are looking strong. If it wasn't for Duke being in their Region they'd definately be a final 4 team. Playing in the weakarse 10 this year didn't help Illinois tourney placement. I give them props, but, I doubt they can handle Duke.

banditbdl
03-22-2004, 02:23 AM
I like Illinois and I hope to hell they can beat Duke, but let's not forget who they were playing here before we get to excited about them stomping Cincinnati. After all, they are Cincinnati and it is March.

Sincere
03-22-2004, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After all, they are Cincinnati and it is March.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very True.

[ QUOTE ]
I like Illinois and I hope to hell they can beat Duke

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I hate Duke with a passion. But I dont think it will happen. But I will be rootin for Illinois.

Clarkmeister
03-22-2004, 02:28 AM
According to seeding, the Big Ten is supposed to have 0 Sweet 16 teams. They have 1.

The ACC is supposed to have 5 Sweet 16 teams. They have 3, and could easily be down to just Duke.

Seems to me the ACC is a bit (a lot?) overrated and the Big Ten is underrated.

Forget "overrated" or "underrated", the Big 12, Big East and ACC all have equal claims on the "Best Conference" trophy based on the tourney results so far.

As for Illinois, I think we matchup very well against Duke and have a great chance to win.

Clarkmeister
03-22-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Illinois and I hope to hell they can beat Duke, but let's not forget who they were playing here before we get to excited about them stomping Cincinnati. After all, they are Cincinnati and it is March.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it was a virtual home game for them. They simply don't match up very well against Illinois.

Sincere
03-22-2004, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Forget "overrated" or "underrated", the Big 12, Big East and ACC all have equal claims on the "Best Conference" trophy based on the tourney results so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly right on the money about that. UConn and Syracuse are looking mighty good right now, Texas and OK St. too. I'm not an NC State fan, but can't beleive they lost, that call late at the end on the 5 point play was kind of gay.

[ QUOTE ]
As for Illinois, I think we matchup very well against Duke and have a great chance to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I hope Ilinois stomps Duke also. I haven't followed them but from what I here they match up VERY well Inside against Duke, Right?

bugstud
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Illinois has just enough beef inside and damn quick guards to lock down Duke's, and I'm sure someone will lock Reddick down. And if Reddick is locked down, Duke's in trouble.

J.R.
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
The three ACC teams that missed the sweet sixteen lost by 3, 2 and 2 points. 6 teams from the ACC in the final 32. Yes the ACC gets too much hype (OK State, Illinois, Wisconsin and Pitt all were denied the appropiate seed because of the over-hyped ACC), but the ACC is good, as is the Big 12, Big 10 and Big East. Yes, the Big East is good and has 3 teams in the sweet 16.