PDA

View Full Version : A-K under the gun

kingstalker
03-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Paradise 10+0
Blinds 200/400 with 25 ante
I have 3700 in chips
I am UTG
I am dealt /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK
I raise to 1250 ,one caller(4300)(MP), Pot size is about 3000
Flop comes down
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9
I move all in, get called by /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 and my opponet hits a 5 on the river to knock me out.
Any other way for me to play this hand other then check folding?I guess I should of moved all in before the flop the blinds being what they were. Id figured a decent sized bet on the flop would leave me commited anyway.I asked my opponet why did he call with K-5 before the flop and he replied"It was suited"

Bigwig
03-22-2004, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise 10+0
Blinds 200/400 with 25 ante
I have 3700 in chips
I am UTG
I am dealt /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK
I raise to 1250 ,one caller(4300)(MP), Pot size is about 3000
Flop comes down
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9
I move all in, get called by /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 and my opponet hits a 5 on the river to knock me out.
Any other way for me to play this hand other then check folding?I guess I should of moved all in before the flop the blinds being what they were. Id figured a decent sized bet on the flop would leave me commited anyway.I asked my opponet why did he call with K-5 before the flop and he replied"It was suited"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont' think you played it wrong necessarily. Your opponent made a bad call pre-flop. The flop gave him some pot odds he was willing to take a chance with, and you got screwed. I question moving all in after the flop, thats all. I might have layed out a good 1000 or 800 chip bet, and let the guy sweat it.