PDA

View Full Version : satillite question--4 handed only 1 paid.

Swiss Cheese
03-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Game is 4 handed it is a rebuy satillite with only 1 player to be paid unless a deal is struck. Previous to this hand a deal had been discussed but 1 player would not agree. The player that would not agree is not in the hand.

I am chip leader with 110,000 I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG. Blinds are at 1000 and 2000 I raise to 8000 folded to the BB who is 2nd in chips with 85,000TC. He pushes in. This player has not to this point ever done this. For more info the other 2 stacks were at 65000TC and 28,000TC.

Who calls here and who mucks it and why?

Swiss Cheese

Greg (FossilMan)
03-22-2004, 09:46 AM
What do you think he thinks about you? Have you been playing pretty tight, so he should figure you have a very good hand, even when raising as the chip leader in a 4-handed game? I know I would reraise with AQ if I were him, at least against the large majority of chip leaders. How likely is it that he has AA or KK? Against any other hands you want to call here, especially since he could easily have a worse Ax hand.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Swiss Cheese
03-22-2004, 03:39 PM
fossilman,

That is the reason that I dumped the hand, because I had only shown big hands since I got to the final table. I figured at best I was a coin toss. I did not figure this particular player to make this raise with AQ. thanks for your reply. He flashed me JJ after I mucked.

Swiss Cheese