PDA

View Full Version : Good Fold, or Bad Play?

Bling
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
This hand came up in the rebuy period of a $10 rebuy tournament. I try to play the rebuy period the same as I would otherwise mainly because every time I have had to rebuy a bunch I have never done well. I think I get into the "rebuy mindset" and never get out if I play that way. Anyway here is the hand..
Blinds are 10/20 at this point.

2 fold and I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif I raise to 80 I get one cold caller and blind calls 60 3 to the flop which is:

A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Pot is just over 200 so I make a pot sized bet of 200 and get raised to 400 blind folds I call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check. Raiser bets 400 I reluctantly fold.

My question is do you think i lost this hand by giving him the lead and checking? Should I have bet this again after the turn? I folded because I put him on several hands that could beat me (AK, AJ, JJ) one that would tie (AQ) and only 1 that would lose (A10). Was I correct to check and fold after he raised my bet on the flop?
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but aside from being in a tournament it is still a situation that arises all too often in cash games.

ML4L
03-22-2004, 12:25 AM

tdomeski
03-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Is this the Pokerstars $10 rebuy tourney???? If so, you HAVE to call. Jokers play Ace-Trash all the time so you have to call this IMHO. .and if you get pegged just rebuy and move on. . .

Bling
03-22-2004, 10:21 AM
It was a rebuy tournament and I had very little read on the guy. I think this was during the first or second lap around the table when this happened.