PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS party bug

Daliman
03-21-2004, 11:04 PM
This is actually the second time this has happened to me, and both times it happened in a hand in which I had ZERO intention of folding. In both cases, i had a very strong, if not nut hand, on the turn, and I hit the check immediate button to trap(wherein i believe lies the bug). In both cases, i was bet into and smooth called when the button popped up,,( first time w/ AA vs 4479 board),and in both cases was immediately folded as soon as it was my turn. The first instance is WAS bet into at least, but in the second instance, I was not. The strangest part, you will see, is that BOTH the player in front of me and I were folded out, leaving the pot for the last person in, w/ NO bets to us. I was told that i had checked the fold button, probably because i am playing 4 games, which is CRAP, as, BELIEVE ME, i was focused on the hand in which i had the nuts. So i talked to a supervisor after he kept telling me i folded, and SHE even said the same thing, at which point I asked her if she knew how to play poker, and how poker was played.
IT IS NOT PLAYED BY HAVING THE NUTS AND COMING ANYWHERE NEAR THE FOLD IN TURN BUTTON! I told her she should be doing less explaining how i may have messed up, because i didn't, and more listening to me when i tell her there is a serious bug in PP's software (NO!.....) that i cost ing people $$$. She wasn't really listening to me until i pointed out that it's pretty odd that 2 peolple who were betting or calling would both decide to fold out especially w/ a board like thaqt, then she said "well, i'll send this to my tech team and see what they say". I even told her what seems to trigger the bug, but she seemed nonplussed. We'll see what tech support says....

Anyways, here's the hand: I'm DarkStargasm

***** Hand History for Game 470184614 *****
Table Table 10897 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Bluffn101 ( $1075 )
Seat 2: koldito ( $955 )
Seat 3: surferick ( $955 )
Seat 4: djdahle ( $880 )
Seat 5: DarkStargasm ( $985 )
Seat 6: kentucky5 ( $905 )
Seat 7: SG_Std ( $1200 )
Seat 8: stevesbets ( $990 )
Seat 9: Crappie1 ( $1290 )
Seat 10: dma88 ( $765 )
Trny:2811843 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DarkStargasm [ Ac 4c ]
kentucky5 calls [15].
SG_Std calls [15].
stevesbets folds.
Crappie1 folds.
dma88 calls [15].
Bluffn101 calls [15].
koldito folds.
surferick calls [15].
djdahle calls [5].
>You have options at Table 12083 Table!.
DarkStargasm checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, 7c, Tc ]
djdahle bets [15].
DarkStargasm calls [15].
kentucky5 calls [15].
>You have options at Table 12083 Table!.
SG_Std calls [15].
dma88 calls [15].
Bluffn101 folds.
surferick folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
djdahle bets [15].
DarkStargasm calls [15].
kentucky5 folds.
SG_Std calls [15].
dma88 folds.
>You have options at Table 10874 Table!.
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
djdahle folds.
DarkStargasm folds.
SG_Std does not show cards.
SG_Std wins 225 chips

talkinghead
03-22-2004, 09:27 AM
That's a nasty bug alright,

i think it's the software's way of telling you you're being too tricky

Daliman
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM

squiffy
03-22-2004, 03:21 PM
I believe you. First, the exact same thing happened to me 3-4 times in a row on Paradise Poker. I am not sure if it was the Paradise software, or my connection, or a combination thereof. Otherplayers kept complaining about my not acting. But I was acting, the software was not responding. I kept hitting bet, but the software kept folding my hand, including AA. I cashed out my money and am not returning to Paradise.

Second, you had the nut flush. Why would you fold!!!

Prickly Pete
03-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Dali, first off that sucks. I believe you and can sympathize with you trying to convince Party tech support about it.

Just curious though, I never use the "check" button as I'm always afraid it will turn into the "call" button after a huge raise and several autofolds. This ever happen to you?

Daliman
03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
haven't had that happen, but i can assure you; in the future i will NEVER use autoplay buttons with a hand with ANY value.

Daliman
03-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Well, in the end, Party basically held to he fact that their software is fine, and that I messed up, which frustrates the HELL out of me, but they did offer to give me $50 credit to my account fo rmy inconvenience, mostly, i'm sure because i pay over $10,000 a month in fees to them, which is a bit disconcerting. The $50 is probably more than fair, given that it was early in the tourney, and 225-1000 more chips guarantees nothing, so that i grudgingly accept, but my main problem with this lies in, other than the fact that the bug will not be fixed, but in that if this happened to someone who only maybe plays 50 or even 10 of these a month will be soured to the site if they do run into this bug, and not be given the same credence since they do not play alot.
Mind you, I like special treatment given to big players, and that's basically how the world works, but whats right is right.