PDA

View Full Version : review of tiltless.com tom angelo

Ray Zee
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
its time someone made a totally unbiased review of this kids site. i know tommy and like the guy somewhat. so here goes on his website. color is black but ugly. but you know the color really looks good and works here.

but what about that mug. did you spend the day sucking on a lemon, tommy. do yourself a favor get a professional picture taken, you might look almost as good as me.

great list of your articles my boy. most of them are good but the one i am listed in, is of course your best work. put it on top where it belongs. i hate second best.

what this with your telephone # on a website. you want calls all hours of the day from kooks.

good to see you giving lessons. maybe some of your tips will pass on.

i love your website and hope you accomplish all your goals my friend.

ray zee

mike l.
03-22-2004, 12:40 AM
i hope a lot of people check this site out and tell friends. basically tommy angelo, highly esteemed poster, is giving lessons. having been the recipient of hours of tutoring and mentoring from this poker master i give it my highest recommendation. 2+2 has made me over 6 figures in my short poker career. listening carefully to tommy, and thinking about the things he's written both on the web and privately in emails has made me at least as much and promises to push me even further away from intermediate skilled pro and still closer to zen expert master status, a realm he shares with only a handful of limit poker professionals.

yeah so um check it out. tiltless.com

thetman
03-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Softrock
03-22-2004, 12:25 PM
In 1989 I paid $100 per hour for private lessons from a WSOP Champion who has since become a big name poker writer and pundit. I'd estimate that's the equivalent of $200 an hour today. Let me tell you it was worth every penny. I had just moved up to 15-30 and 20-40 and I recouped my fees within a week - in fact I more than made up what I spent on one hand that I would not have played if not for the man's advice.

Remember that internet sites such as this weren't around. There were a few books but no place where you could discuss specific hand strategy if you didn't have connections with the pro or semi-pro community (and I didn't - I was a recreational player flying into LV 4-6 times per year).

I suspect that for most of us on this forum that $800 for a day with Tommy would be +EV in a relatively short time frame. That assumes, however, that we were open to hearing his message and now that I think about it maybe fewer on this forum than I thought would be so open. Poker is sort of Zen-like - if you think you've found enlightenment you can be sure that you haven't.

andyfox
03-22-2004, 01:29 PM
I was hesitant to mention the site here, but since one of our hosts has done so, I'll put my two cents in.

If you're looking to improve your game, you can do no better than to hire Tommy. He's two steps ahead of almost everybody else in whatever game he's in. He's got experience, savvy, intelligence, and a long-term proven winning track record. And he's fun to play with and be with! Well worth it at three times the price he's charging.

If you're not winning, or not winning enough, I can think of no better person to work with you.

Easy E
03-22-2004, 03:40 PM
How come no one talks about the bonus singing lessons that he includes with every session?

Or did he stop making people hum "Running Bad" throughout the tutoring?

Ulysses
03-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Tommy has always given lessons, they just used to be held from about 3am 'til 8am at Lucky Chances and AJs. Looks like he has lowered his tution rates quite a bit.

Anyway, as I told Tommy the other day, I think most Mid/High-Limit posters on 2+2 would benefit greatly from this.