PDA

View Full Version : party poker $1/$2, $100 pot limit omaha hi

stripsqueez
03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
i ventured down to these games for a break from the slug out at the 6 max hold'em tables - i get my first seat at a good looking table and i post in the cutoff - i get AsAh6s2d

UTG makes it $4 to play and its folded to the guy 2 to my right who makes it something like $8 to play - hmmm - i dislike raising pre-flop with this hand and will only do it if i'm a chance at heads up or 3 way - 2 raisers was a bit more than i could tolerate so i bet the pot (i cant remember how much it was now)

the "shorten the field" plan didnt go so well as the button and the BB called as did the previous 2 callers - no-one was short stacked

flop is Jd 5h 4s - checked to me - there is something like $90 in the pot and i have about $75 - this is why i hate raising pre-flop - if i bet the pot now, anyone wanting to play against AA will call - so i push the remainder of my stack in...

awful ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Big Dave D
03-21-2004, 09:25 PM
This is all fairly standard stuff and one of the problems caused by being compelled to buy in short. The problem with checking is that it is highly likely that in such a loose field, someone will bet you out on the turn, unless you get a good price on hitting a flush or you hit trips.

Betting, If you pick up just one caller you will probably have at least 6 outs, and may be even in front. And this is what my gut feeling tells me to do, after all, you did contrive this situation in the first place? Also it shows the downside of only being able to buy in for 50 big blinds, as with 100 big blinds you can bet, and potentially pass to action or simply check. Sites with 100 as a maximum are going to be better for good players long term.

gl

dd