PDA

View Full Version : Firing all 3 barrels or should I check it down?

rjc199
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.25 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Ac (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.25 BB. </font>

Is it +EV to bet the river? I don't know if a hand worse than mine would call. In this session I won alot of hands on the flop and turn. This was my most successful session since my return. The table was very passive and I was able to get free cards when I needed them. What I was doing was not really loosening up more, but playing my hands more aggressive. If I got KQ UTG I was raising. If I had top pair I was firing away and raising, etc.

spamuell
03-21-2004, 05:27 PM
I will usually bet the flop and heads-up on the turn I'll almost always fire a barrel.

On the river you should check behind. In general, if someone gets there with fourth pair, they're going to call so you're not making a better hand fold usually (although you will very occasionally) and it's very unlikely a worse hand is calling. Take your free showdown, that's what position is there for.