PDA

View Full Version : raise preflop, hit 2nd pair in a 3 way pot

rjc199
03-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5.75 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. MP2 wins 6.75 BB. </font>

SHould I have even called his flop raise?

JSD
03-21-2004, 06:55 PM
What was your read on MP2? Would he cold-call pre-flop with garbage or was he reasonable? His raise on the flop seems pretty strong since you were the pre-flop aggressor and you fired again on the flop. If he's at least somewhat rational, I give him credit for at least a King here. I think calling the raise on the flop is fine because you're getting 10.5:1 on your 5-outer (~8.5:1) and unless you're behind AA, KK, AK, KT or 22 all of your outs are good. And a rational opponent would have likely re-raised three of those holdings pre-flop and dumped two of them.

rjc199
03-21-2004, 07:46 PM
I didn't have any notes on the guy at all, so that means I didn't notice anything extremely fishy about him. I just checked poker tracker and the only cold call I can find is him cold calling with AJs.

Is there a way to see how many times a guy cold calls preflop? The only way I can see is on the "General Info" tab, where you sort through hands, but that only shows the hands that he showed down with, so he could have CCPF alot more but I can't find that statistic anywhere.