PDA

View Full Version : AQo.......lost but feel I played well.....?

sublime
03-21-2004, 04:48 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 4s Js (straight, seven high).
UTG+1 shows 9c 8h (straight, ten high).
MP3 shows 8s Tc (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 13.70 BB. </font>

Zetack
03-21-2004, 06:23 PM
unfortunately, nothing you could have done would have won you this pot. Still, I think you should have bet the flop.

--Zetack

me454555
03-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Toss it on the turn. Theres a strait draw on the board and you are still drawing, whats the point of throwing more money into a pot in which your probobly drawing dead?

JSD
03-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Hands like this are still one of my trouble spots. If I'm in EP, I tend to bet out, since I'm probably calling a bet anyways with all that money in the pot. Plus I maintain my pre-flop aggression. But at Party $.50/$1 I found that these sorts of semi-bluffs rarely got anyone to fold. If they're spending two SB to see the flop with garbage, they sure as heck are spending one more to see the turn, especially if they caught even the smallest piece.

However, on the button, I've been checking behind lately and taking the free turn card. If it doesn't get there, then I generally fold. Especially so in this case, with any 4 completing the straight and five players who saw the flop with god knows what still in. Too weak?

Zetack
03-21-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However, on the button, I've been checking behind lately and taking the free turn card. [snip] Too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting the flop on the button. See if you do fold anybody out. Also, it may get you a free river card. If it gets checked around on the flop and starts to get checked around on the turn, a late player with a small piece may decide to bet at it putting you in a difficult position. Perhaps a better player than I will comment on that strategy...

--Zetack