PDA

View Full Version : Pretty routine fold...$6-$12 @ the Borgata

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Bunky already posted this hand however I thought I would comment on my preflop play.

Pre-flop I open raised from UTG with AQ offsuit. I expected to pick up a couple of callers instead Bunky fell in love with his hand and tossed $12 into the pot and called. The action got folded to Mike ( the only other player at the table with a clue)who three bet(re-raised). I respected Mikes reraises,especially against me and with Bunky in the hand. Mike had a hand. I put him on Aces or Kings Bunky would have reraised with AK suited. The small blind folded the big blind capped and I folded. The big blind did not show aggression the entire night.

I had one of those rare situations where I made the correct raise, and had to fold preflop.If I had a suited AQ I would have called.

jasonHoldEm
03-21-2004, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't call it routine, I'd call it disciplined. I don't think I would have been able to do it, although it was clearly the correct move. Good job.

Jason

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't think I would have been able to do it, although it was clearly the correct move

You would have won the hand on the river, however you would have had to run the gauntlet to get there.

Results aside, I know I made the correct play. I had a very thin draw. Had I called preflop, I would never have made it to the river. Bunky pumped his draw like a plumber. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

jasonHoldEm
03-21-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Had I called preflop, I would never have made it to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either...I'd just have $12 less than you do.

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Me either...I'd just have $12 less than you do.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Funny stuff. Quick wit and mind. Most good poker players have a quick wit. I see you doing well in this game /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BaronVonCP
03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
I make this fold against random PP 2/4 players.

Maybe I'm too tight.

AviD
03-21-2004, 09:26 PM
If someone other than Mike re-raised...would you have called? Or no with Bunky still to act?

What if you had no reads on the players at all?

I think it is the level of information you had and being caught in between that made this fold alot easier. What do you think?

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I do not like this hand out of position. I think for the most part I can safely fold this hand.

bunky9590
03-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Actually your fold was better than my call. There were two cold callers between myself and "Mike" and they were truly horrible at that. I knew Mike had a hand and the big blind had something like JJ or QQ (though we will never know). Your fold was good considering it was unsuited. It was fine by me because it got a hand that dominated me to fold. If it was suited you obviously play on. (which I did)

The AQo was the prime example of trying to thin the field but with some of the clownfish at that table, it didn't work. I had respect for you raise but with the clownfish cold callig it was a no breainer