PDA

View Full Version : nothing special, just trying to improve play

sublime
03-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I know I should have raised on river. I hit check 2 quick. Any pointers? and sorry for posting a random haned, I just want to plug leaks.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 folds, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 4 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Th Ts (two pair, tens and sixes).
MP3 shows 2c Ks (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 4 BB. </font>

rjc199
03-21-2004, 03:39 PM
#1: Raise this preflop. It is too strong a hand to limp with.

#2: Bet teh flop, 3-bet teh flop if you are raised

#3: Bet the river

spamuell
03-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Look at your actions:

Pre-flop: Call
Flop: Check-call
Turn: Check
River: Check

You should have bet/raised every one of these streets, especially pre-flop, the flop and the river. If you bet out on the turn and are raised, call and then check-call the river.

sublime
03-21-2004, 03:47 PM
I need to be more assertave when I have hands like that. I just get scared cuz they will call with garbage. I need to play better /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

afk
03-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I agree with the others in this thread. If it's a passive table full of calling stations (as many .05/.10 PS tables are) you might even want to check-raise the flop when MP3 bets to try to knock out those caught in the middle. If you don't want them in and you know they'll call one bet, why not make it two and hopefully get heads up with the bettor? I probably would have bet out on the flop though as a first choice.

Also, by only calling preflop you're allowing these people in for only 1 bet, you'll usually get fewer callers (yes, I know, some will cold call 2 bets with crap) behind you ifyou raise.

rjc199
03-21-2004, 03:58 PM
There is nothing to be scared of when somebody calls you with garbage. You should be happy to see 10 million callers. They all can't win. You are in the lead. Show them who's boss.

sublime
03-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I have a lot of work to do

Warik
03-21-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to be more assertave when I have hands like that. I just get scared cuz they will call with garbage. I need to play better /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play 100 hands of poker aggresively with people who play garbage they will suck out on you a lot, BUT you will come out on top in the end in the money where it counts. That's the basis of solid, winning poker play.

afk
03-21-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a lot of work to do

[/ QUOTE ]

By realizing that, you're already ahead of 85% of the players at our limit. Keep posting hands and plugging holes, you can only get better.