PDA

View Full Version : Haha I should've went to bed...

symphonic
03-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Oh man did this hand hurt...the players in it were maniacs so I didn't really know what to do, I feel so violated...It hurt my winnings for the night /images/graemlins/frown.gif Kinda knew I was beat on the river, but like I said, these guys were maniacs, and I'm not folding in a pot that big with the hand I had.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (32.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 48.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 48.75 BB, between Button, Hero, MP2 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (48.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Kc (three of a kind, kings).
MP2 shows Ah Tc (two pair, kings and tens).
MP3 shows Qh Js (two pair, kings and jacks).
Button shows Qd Ad (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 48.75 BB. </font>

k000k
03-21-2004, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man did this hand hurt...
I'm not folding in a pot that big with the hand I had.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think I've ever seen a pot that big.. You contributed quite a bit, you cannot fold this under any circumstance. You're right about maniacs too...
[ QUOTE ]
Button shows Qd Ad (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 48.75 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I was afraid of, but I didn't get that from reading their hands.. Oh well, what can you do, ya cant win em all...

spamuell
03-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Were you planning to limp-reraise PF?

If you weren't prepared to check-cap, I think you should have bet the flop yourself.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Wow thats a monster pot. You can't possibly fold in this situation unless you're more than 98% sure you're beat, espcially with these maniacs who can show you anything.

symphonic
03-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Not that it mattered, but I figured I might as well just disguise my hand and not raise PF or raise at any time during the hand, because I knew that they would keep raising/reraising each other.

B Dids
03-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Huge pot and somebody still missed a bet on the flop. I understand your notion that they'll be for you, but if you're going to call a cap anyway, why not be one of those bets and push some people around?

I don't think it would have changed the outcome of this hand, but I still think there's very little value in being cute in the low limits.

PraetorianAZ
03-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Are you emo? Sorry guy, that AQs was me but I'm glad you thought I was a maniac too!!!

That raise on the flop was for 2 reasons:
1. To get you out.
2. Steve had been slowing down on his flop re-raises, so I wanted to see where I was at.

The table went super-nova on that one.

PraetorianAZ
03-21-2004, 07:51 PM
One other thing.

If you had raised and re-raised your AK PF, I would not have re-raised PF nor the Flop. I might have even folded to the cold call on the flop (your bet + the automatic raise from Steve. Maybe not, but there was a chance to get me out there.

Tosh
03-21-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry thats as far as I read.

Raise.

symphonic
03-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Ah, I wasn't sure if you were a maniac or not, hehe. I hadn't really seen you play much, but I pretty much pegged most of that table for maniacs. and yes I was emoisms. You played it nicely and took down a nice pot, I should've got my money back for second place though /images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't believe the hands the other two had (well, steve i can, that guy was crazy.)

symphonic
03-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Yea, I was going to raise PF, but I knew it was going to get 3bet by steve and I really don't like AKo enough for 3bets (for a tilt-esque reason: i've been missing on it alot lately). I don't think you would've folded on the flop though, the pot was huge you had a gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw. You played it right and got nicely paid off.

symphonic
03-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh and damnit, I wish I had known you were a 2+2er, I wouldn't of called so many bets on the turn/river :P I lost 22 big bets that session (after that hand, tilt hit me pretty hard :P) Luckily I made it all back today.

B Dids
03-22-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like AKo enough for 3bets (for a tilt-esque reason:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt or not- this is a problem.

I loath JJ, but I'll still jam with it like crazy where appropriate.