PDA

View Full Version : The right move?

Pandori
03-21-2004, 04:15 AM
I am just wondering if i made the right play in this situation....

i am in BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif and everyone but MP+2 and Button folds.... i raise preflop to $8 (4-8 game)

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I try to buy the pot... MP raises me to $8 and the button calls i make it 3 bets to see where i stand.... and MP caps it and the button and i call.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif now that i know that i can't beat the straight that MP shows that he has.. . i check, he bets the button calls and i fold to the $8 bet.

river: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif now MP checks and Button checks...

MP cards: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Button cards: are unknown but cannot beat the 10's and 8's that the MP had

Did i make the right move? ot should i always play AA's like they are the best the whole way even if i just play the board?

ty for your advice!

Dynasty
03-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Your problem in this hand is your hand reading. You too quickly put your opponent on the nut hand simply because he raised you twice. There are many hands he could have such as a pair and a draw (which he had) or two pair (which you have 8 outs against).

Pandori
03-21-2004, 05:44 AM
i c ok ty very much

LetsRock
03-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, you can't automatically put him on the nuts, but you have to consdier the possibility. I had a hand almost exactly like this one on Saturday night. I got AA on the button and raised to 4 limpers. This table has me pegged correctly as a near rock. MP (semi loose aggressive) opened the flop betting (79J) folded to me, I pop back, fold to MP who 3-bets (Uggggh). I reluctantly call him down and he shows me the T8o. The board paired so I hoped he just had 2 small pair, but I somehow knew he had better (this guy is a bluffing machine who happens to always catch something stupid when I have big cards).

Anyway, you can't expect that he has the nuts, but you need to respect the possibility. On this coordinated of a board, it's real possible that someone hit big, especially if they limped in before the raise. Be glad you drug a smaller pot than to find out you could have saved some bets.