PDA

View Full Version : A hand with Bunky $6-$12 @ the Borgata..

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Hi everyone, I played this hand Friday night with Bunky9590 at the table. I think this hand played itself, however Bunky asked me to post it because he thinks some posters might have played it a different way.

Before I go on to the hand I must give some background of the key villian involved. I had check raised the villain in this hand about 5 times. Once I check raised him on the river after I bet and got called on the turn. This player missed several bets playing against me because he wanted to check raise me. The other players involved would call all the way down as long as they had some of the flop.

On to the hand I pick up 7 7 and open limp from +1 UTG, to my suprise nobody raised and 6 of us see the flop.

Flop 7 9 3 raindbow

I lead out any two player calls villian raises one player calls two cold behind me and I call. The any two player completed action by calling.

Turn K 7 9 3 completes rainbow

I bet any two player calls villian raises the action gets folded to me I reraise both call.

River 6 K 7 9 3

I lead out both call. I had the winning hand. Villian had K9 off and the player in between never did show.

Who would have check raised the turn? Who could tell me why I decided not to check raise the turn?

Who would have check raised the river? Does anyone agree with me that this hand played itself?

symphonic
03-21-2004, 02:53 AM
I think you played it perfectly.

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jasonHoldEm
03-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Looks good to me as well, I admit I probably would have made the mistake of c/r the turn. The way you played it is clearly the correct way...if you c/r you allow the coldcaller to draw cheaply and might inadvertantly force the "any 2 will do" player out of the hand by having to call two cold...not what you want to do with this hand.

Nicely done.
jHE

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Jason,

I did not check raise because I did not want to shut out the any two player. The villian would fear a check from me more than he would fear a bet. I developed a pattern of check raising my good hands on the turn or the river.

Noodles
03-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I reckon you decided not to CR the turn as you get 3 bets off him by betting out.If you CR probably only 2 bets since you had been CR this guy before

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Noodles,

If I check raise, I might lose the any two player. I also do not get to make it $36 each for two players. I might only make it $24 for the villian. I think this way I picked up a few more bets.

I also decided against check raising to vary my play. If I bet, the villian might consider the action as a bluff since I check raised with most of my legitimate hands.

bunky9590
03-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I loved the way you played this hand, but a lot of newer players would checkraise this turn and it is a MISTAKE.
Also a three bet on the flop would be a huge mistake on a "cheap" street against this guy and the table in general.

you definitely maximized the earn on this hand, well played.
I knew you were my hero for a reason /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We'll hook up again, that was fun.

BigEndian
03-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I think the hand is fine.

But, "to my suprise nobody raised and 6 of us see the flop."

I'm guessing that even if someone raised the action right after you, you expect to get enough come-alongs to make this worth your while. Otherwise, it's a pretty clear fold PF if you expect to get raised or maybe an open raise if the table is right.

- Jim

bunky9590
03-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Jim,

This table was cold call raise central.
(Table dynamics)

1 out of 10 went unraised preflop with an average of 6 or better to the flop

7 out of 10 were raised PF with an avergae of 5 to the flop

1 out of 10 was three bet with an average of at least 4 to the flop

and 1 out of 10 was CAPPED preflop with an average of 4 to the flop.

Really was a great game. See my two posts here, Was the same game dynamics. and Mike was in the game with me.

Really something to see.

BigEndian
03-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I figured, just wanted to clear it up in case others didn't read between the lines.

- Jim

chesspain
03-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Of course, it was kind of nice of Villian to pick up two-pair on the turn. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Bunky,

The part you like best took place when I tabled my cards and I said "ship it,I have a set of 7's" before any of the other players could table their cards.

A limp reraise would work perfectly in that game.

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Bunky,

I played any suited Ace in that game and any pocket pair.

Do you remember my A7 club runner runner flush hand. I may post that hand I think I got lucky, however I think it took some creativty to get that lucky.

DonWaade
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
I am probably late to post this. But, I would gander that you did not c/r because of you previous interactions with the villain. Also, you might have lost the "I have a face card so I should play," guy. Great play on all streets.

There is yet hope for you, my young padouin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Of course, it was kind of nice of Villian to pick up two-pair on the turn.

I did get lucky and turn the best possible card. I put him on 9 paint ( 910 9J 9Q 9K 9A) on the flop. After he raised I knew he had K9 and acted accordingly.

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 03:45 PM
There is yet hope for you, my young padawan

Young? Thank you for the compliment. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DonWaade
03-21-2004, 04:32 PM
dont know you, should I call you old??

P.S. I think it is Padouin.

Mike Gallo
03-21-2004, 04:38 PM
P.S. I think it is Padouin.

I thought you meant to make an obscure Star Wars reference.
Never mind. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DonWaade
03-21-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you meant to make an obscure Star Wars reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was /images/graemlins/tongue.gif