PDA

View Full Version : $2/4 - 2 hands for review (44, and A8s)

joker122
03-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Hand 1:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, UTG+2 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12 BB, between SB, Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12 BB).</font>

I know most won't like the play here [hand 2], but my thinking was that if MP2 has an ace it's undoubtedly stronger than mine so a raise is pointless in that situation, and if he doesn't have an ace he'll fold to a turn check-raise so a raise doesn't do anything for me there, either.

Alright, let me have it.

jasonHoldEm
03-21-2004, 06:20 AM
I'll give it a shot...

Hand one

It depends, is this the sort of player who limp/re-raises with AA or KK preflop?

I think either way I cap the flop and then reevaluate my situation. If he's a tricky player that goes for the L/RR than I probably slowdown on the turn (assuming flop got capped)...I'd bet into him and call one raise, going into check/call for the river. If he's not a tricky player than I would put him on something like AJ/AT/A9/A8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he is pumping top pair with the nut flush draw, maybe picking up two pair along the way. If this was my read I'd be more inclined to stay aggressive through the turn and then slow down on the river.

Hand 2:

I think I would bet into him on the flop and see how he reacts. I've got top pair weak kicker, and a (near worthless) backend flush draw. If he raises me on the flop I can begin to fear my kicker is in trouble. This also might work to your advantage, the pre-flop raiser might have a big pair like KK and still raise you on the flop making the SB call two cold, the SB might fold something like A9/AT which allows you to win.

When I catch an ace on the turn I might bet again or just call him down (as you said, let him bluff his hand and I win or lose the least when I'm beaten). A lot would depend on if the SB stayed in the hand and what I think he might be holding as well. AXs is a tough hand to play when you miss your flush and flop top pair weak kicker instead.

jHE

joker122
03-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks Jason. For hand 1 he had AA and took it down. Hand 2 PF raiser had KK and SB had JJ and MHIG there.