PDA

View Full Version : JTs

Vazh
03-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I'd like comments on this pre flop play. This was the only pre flop cap all night, and there was only 1 or 2 3-bets so I really thought I'd only be throwing in one more SB when I called the first raise.

Poker Stars $3/$6 (6 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is BB

UTG calls, MP1 raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG 3-bets, MP1 caps, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls

Demian
03-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Once it comes back to me pre-flop where i have to call 2 more cold with this hand, i'd probably fold it. Doesn't seem worth it to call 2 more considering you probably need to hit a good draw on the flop to go anywhere with this hand at this point.

stripsqueez
03-21-2004, 03:40 AM
i call the cap

i think its a bit close but you dont have domination issues and you have good draws - 7/1 + implied odds when these guys are keen to do some betting

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Schneids
03-21-2004, 04:24 AM
Easy call, both times.

Just proceed with caution the rest of the way.

naphand
03-21-2004, 06:02 AM
Easy call first time around, when it comes back around and its 2 to you I call and pray to hit the flop hard or fold it. You have cards which will play well against AK/AQ and good drawing value too.

Your first call you are getting 6:1, when it comes back around you are getting 6.5:1. So you are actually getting better odds than the original cold-call, only this time you have more information about what you are up against.

Catch a good flop and it's game-on for a big pot.

Gazza
03-22-2004, 06:03 AM
I don't see how you can get away from your hand here. The best place would be watching from the sidelines with no money invested in the pot but you got sucked in and have to see the flop

ArchAngel71857
03-22-2004, 10:03 AM
call the first one and the second one. but if you the flop doesn't pull down your pants and service you, its easy to get away from.

-AA

stoxtrader
03-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I call both times as well.