PDA

View Full Version : This Omaha hand worthy of a call?

kingstalker
03-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Paradise 5+0 Omaha high
blinds 15/30
I have 1500 in chips
I am dealt J-J-9-7 double sutied
I limp in LP
button bets 190,EP calls,MP calls
Im getting 3.5 to 1 to call here,is this a clear call or a easy fold?

luckycharms
03-20-2004, 07:09 PM
I'd consider this a drawing hand. Therefore I'd apply the rule of 5 and 10. Since it's more than 10% of your stack, it's an automatic fold.

Buzz
03-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Luckycharms - What's the rule of 5 and 10?

Just curious. Never heard of it before.

Buzz

bugstud
03-21-2004, 02:11 PM
NLHE tourney rule, if it's between 5 and 10% of your stack you can call with hands to try and bust the other guy if you have similar chips. Dunno if that's really applicable here or not.

Big Dave D
03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Although this is superficially a clear fold, there are some things that may push it into a call...firstly, you've got great position for the flop. Secondly, if like a lot of net players, he's a compulsory flop bettor then you may catch not just him but the field as well for a juicy check raise if you hit.

gl

dd

Zeno
03-21-2004, 02:35 PM
If I read your post right there were two limpers to you and you called with the JJ97 double suited. Some info on EP and MP limpers would be helpful. If they are only mediocre and/or predicable players and would limp with questionable hands a rise by you to try and shut out any action behind may have been the better move.

Moving on to what actually occurred, what does the raise by the button really mean? Any info on that?
I lean a bit towards a fold but this would be player and game type dependent. Some more information on the type of players you are up aganist would help. Also what are your opponent's stack sizes? Does everyone have you covered, are some short stack, etc.

-Zeno

kingstalker
03-21-2004, 04:14 PM
It was near the start of the tournament so all players involved had somewhere between 1300-1700 in chips, no read on any players, the button had AAxx.

Zeno
03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks, wasn't positive this was a tournament hand.

Fold. That's my opinion. Your hand is good but not strong and It's early, you have time and should have a better opportunity later, especially once you get to know the players and get better reads on your opponents. Others may have a different opinion however.

-Zeno