PDA

View Full Version : Stealing with KQo

StellarWind
03-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Paradise 0.5/1 - 10 players

Tight/Typical

I've been realizing for several hands that I've badly overstayed my welcome at this table. Preflop percentage has dropped to a shocking 36% and heads up flops are becoming common.

I open raise UTG+1 with KK and collect the blinds. 'That went well' I muse.

Next hand I am UTG with KQo. I tell myself this is practically the same hand /images/graemlins/laugh.gif and raise again. Only the BB calls. {844} Check - Bet - Fold and I have another set of blinds /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I immediately left my seat.

Is open raising with KQo a good play in this situation? What standards should apply to an open-raise under these conditions? Post-flop play was pretty passive and pots were small.

illunious
03-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Nottoms comments (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=521565&Forum =All_Forums&Words=5307&Match=Username&Searchpage=2 &Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=521212&Search=true#Pos t521565) on KQo surprised me:

[ QUOTE ]
As for how I play it, I raise it pretty much all the time from any position outside the blinds unless there are already a bunch of limpers. If the table isn't right to raise KQ from UTG, then I find another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

spamuell
03-20-2004, 05:10 PM
There has been a lot of debate on these boards on what to do with KQo and AJo UTG (just search the SS forum for threads).

I think the consensus is that it really doesn't matter much if you raise or limp, but that at .5/1, you shouldn't be folding (because you're not going to be at a very tough table where you're forced to play a not so strong hand out of position heads-up against an aggressive and tricky opponent).

At a very tight table, open-raising KQo is a lot better than open-limping.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-20-2004, 06:28 PM
At the Paradise .5/1.00 open raising with KQ is always good /images/graemlins/cool.gif

You should see the 2/4 tables when they get super tight. Blind stealing galore.

Nottom
03-20-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nottoms comments on KQo surprised me:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am a big fish so I wouldn't listen to too much that I say.

Ed Miller
03-20-2004, 08:36 PM
I think you basically answered your own question.

sfer
03-21-2004, 12:18 AM
I think I've played with you at Party 3/6. I'd listen.