PDA

View Full Version : Selling WSOP seats

ScottyP431
03-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know how it works if you win a WSOP satelite online, but want to sell your seat, can you do that? Is there like an established market or price norms for such a sale?

Rushmore
03-20-2004, 03:41 PM
No site that I know of allows the sale of these seats, for the simple reason that the reason they have these promotions is for the advertising.

Go back and read the terms of the satellites. I think you'll find the word "nontransferable" all over the place.

UNLESS, of course, you have won more than one at a given site. Then, you may sell them and get whatever the market dictates. I would not suggest winning a seat at Stars, then winning a seat at Party or someplace and then saying, "But I already won a seat at Stars," because I think you'll find yourself left dissatisfied.

baggins
03-20-2004, 05:02 PM
I wonder what the legalities of playing both seats are?

probably wouldn't be allowed, but... couldn't you just leave one seat empty, getting blinded slowly, etc. and play the other stack fast and loose hoping to build it real real big? either you bust the one stack real early and go play the other slightly diminished stack, or you get up real big and let the other stack die quietly. and once you decide to stick with the bigger stack, you stop playing it quite as crazy... wouldn't that work?

i doubt they'd let you employ such a strategy, but that would suck if you one a seat in 2 different satellites and then had to forfeit one entirely because of that...

Greg (FossilMan)
03-20-2004, 05:31 PM
If you won a second seat on another site, here is what I am guessing will happen. Both sites are going to enter you into the event. Once you arrive in LV, go see Matt Savage, the tournament director, or one of his assistants. Explain the situation, and he will then simply check the information from both sites, see that your name is on both lists, and then he'll hand you $10,000 upon full proof of identity.

I can't imagine that you'll simply lose out of the money. Just make sure you see Matt or one of his assitants at least the day before, and preferably a couple of days before, the big one begins.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Stew
03-20-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what the legalities of playing both seats are?

probably wouldn't be allowed, but... couldn't you just leave one seat empty, getting blinded slowly, etc. and play the other stack fast and loose hoping to build it real real big? either you bust the one stack real early and go play the other slightly diminished stack, or you get up real big and let the other stack die quietly. and once you decide to stick with the bigger stack, you stop playing it quite as crazy... wouldn't that work?

i doubt they'd let you employ such a strategy, but that would suck if you one a seat in 2 different satellites and then had to forfeit one entirely because of that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that's illegal. Another solution would be to play for one site yourself and then ask the other site if your traveling companion (whoever that is) would be able to play the other seat, wearing the garb for the other site.

Daliman
03-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Most of the time you see this, it's someone trying to pull a scam, e.g. titans5555 on party. One day he was on trying to "borrow" $50 and pay back between 150-200 within a week, next day he's trying to sell a WSOP seat for 6500. Yeah right.

Jim Kuhn
03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
When you win a seat from a site I think you are obligated to wear their gear. Would you be able to sell the seat and not wear their gear?