PDA

View Full Version : Dummy End of a Monotone Straight. Easy fold?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Paradise 3/6

I'm on the button with 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
4 limpers. i come along for the ride too. SB completes. BB raises. We all call.

FLOP:
T /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB leads out and its 3bet before it even gets to me. Easy fold right?

thirddan
03-20-2004, 03:07 PM
i would fold it...it looks like it wil be extremely expensive to keep calling on all streets when you could already by drawing dead...

SpaceAce
03-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Junk it. You could already be completely dead and just think of all the cards you don't want to see on the turn or river: any club, any seven, any Jack, any Queen and the board pairing all come immediately to mind.

SpaceAce

kiemo
03-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Gone without even thinking twice

StellarWind
03-21-2004, 01:52 AM
It would be good to know the exact pot size and how many players are still in, but ... I think you are all crazy!

Cap it! You have a two-card straight. You have no good reason whatsoever to think you are already beat. Here is a list of some of the hands that might be going to town on this flop:

AT or KT
J or 7
A /images/graemlins/club.gif or K /images/graemlins/club.gif or Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
Two pair
Q + pair

This pot is huge and the money is still pouring in. You are a favorite to have the best hand right now. For all the scare cards, often nothing ever comes. Or no one has that exact draw or they fold it because some maniac capped the flop and they had to call a zillion bets cold.

You don't need to win this hand very often to make a profit. There will probably be 15-20 BB in this pot after the flop alone.

Yes, you'll feel really stupid when someone shows you a flopped flush. So what? Flopped flushes and straights don't happen that often. Poker is a game of odds and you have great pot odds to see this through.

Besides, based on what I've read, some poor sap may be folding J7 right now because he obviously can't win /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.