PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-20-2004, 02:34 PM
5/10 Paradise

BB with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
5 callers. I check.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets. I raise. a coldcaller and a 3bet from the button.
SB folds. Me and the coldcaller calls.

TURN: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Now what?

tripdad
03-20-2004, 03:29 PM
what do you think the other players have? from the flop action, my gut would tell me to fold to a turn bet from the sb, because of a likely raise from the button. if it is checked, i will probably call 1 bet on turn and river and expect to be beat with a flush or split the pot with another straight. you will probably win just enough to make it a decent call. you could be up against 2 pair from each of your opponents. this is a tough one, though. thanks for posting it. i don't think i would have raised the flop if i were you because of this very situation. you have to be aware that you have less outs than the 4 flush with a board like this.

cheers!

DonWaade
03-20-2004, 03:47 PM
damn, that is a tough one. . . I think you check/call. It is likely that he is going to bet. Call and pray for a non-spade. Good post too. I am curious to see what the people in "greater minds than me" department have to say.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-20-2004, 06:15 PM
I raised to try to isolate SB. of course that failed fantastically. I'm thinking the button could have either be on that flush draw, 2 pair, or combination pair/straight draw like me.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2004, 07:43 AM
So on the turn, I check. The coldcaller checks. The button bets as expected, I call. The coldcaller than checkraises, the button calls. And then I fold.

Good fold?
What did these two players have?

tripdad
03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
where are all the smart guys when you need them? not one response from a carpal\tunnel poster. this post is well deserving of a thorough response.

cheers!

DonWaade
03-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Big Slick and Flush?

me454555
03-21-2004, 03:39 PM
I put the button on 2 pair or possibly trips, the only person I worry about for a flush draw is that cold caller. I say bet out and fold to a raise from cc. I think there is a similar turn stratagy in HPFAP about betting hands w/out outs and checking the ones that do.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-22-2004, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where are all the smart guys when you need them? not one response from a carpal\tunnel poster. this post is well deserving of a thorough response.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I agree /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So as it turns out, button has T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif
Coldcaller had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flush

River comes out J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and button takes it down with the fullhouse