PDA

View Full Version : 2-5 Spread Limit in Colorado

CBedo
03-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Headed to Blackhawk to play some hold'em this weekend and I believe the most common game is a 2-5 spread limit game (also they have 5-5, $5max bet in Colorado). I think there is one blind of $2, and I'm not sure the number of raises (I think it's more than 3).

Obviously, people will be drawing out since pot odds will be there, but other than that, can anyone give me advice how my play should change in this game versus my normal 2-4 or 3-6 experience?

Thanks,

CBedo

MortalNuts
03-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Sorry I didn't notice this post till tonight -- probably too late, but just in case:

There are several threads from months past that talk about the CO 2/5 game. Here's a good one: a good one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=242414&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

But here's the very brief overview: yes, it's $2-5 spread or $5/5, 6-bet max. (That is, max of 5 raises per round.) That's the case at the Lodge for sure, but I think everywhere else too. The rake is insanely high. Bets after the flop, and raises before the flop, are pretty much always $5 (in the 2-5 game; obviously that's true for the 5/5 game, too).

General advice: pairs are key in this game. See the flop cheap, flop sets, bet them hard. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Suited connectors and the like go down in value relative to a structured game, because your opponents will make you pay dearly on the flop to draw to your hands, and you won't have a double-sized bet on the turn & river to collect when/if you make your hand.

Games on the weekends tend to be loose and can get a bit wild, ime. But I don't go that often.

good luck.

-mn