PDA

View Full Version : people call me maniac and i love it.

Sehr Gut
03-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Livegame 15-30.
I pick up QQ UTG and raise. UTG+1 (a somewhat weak tight player, very predictible) calls, Complete sucker in MP makes it three bets, ( He has been raising with garbage all night long), Maniac in LMP coldcalls, one more guy in LP calls, I cap and evcerybody calls.
5 people for 4 bets each.
The flop is K 6 5 rainbow.
I bet, predictible UTG+1 calls, Sucker calls, Maniac raises, LP folds, i reraise, everybody calls to the Maniac who caps it. All call again.
My image at the table was very tight so when i reraised the flop, UTG+1 said to the table that i was holding AA. When the maniac capped the flop he said to me that he hoped i had AA.

THe turn is a 2 that complete the rainbow.
I bet out, UTG+1 sighs and folds, Sucker calls, Maniac raises, me and sucker calls.

River is a wonderful Q and i bet. SUcker folds and maniac calls.

Some things that should be mentioned here is that the maniac had made two reraisebluffs on the river till that point and we had just been playing for maybe 2 hours. He had limp-reraised with hands like J9 off suit. The thing is though that he can play if he wants to. He have a very good clue about odds and proper playing. He just seem to like doing crazy stuff and bluff alot.

I feel that im not that good to express myself about what people said and acted like but i hope thats okay.

All comments are very welcome!

Sehr Gut

Rushmore
03-20-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel that im not that good to express myself about what people said and acted like but i hope thats okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, you did fine.

You are a maniac.

Edge34
03-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I find myself still wondering what the maniac had at this point..did he flop two pair with his K6 or maybe a small set with 66 or 55?

Nice aggressive line on the all-too-frequent "flopped overcard" board. Knowing that the maniac could hold anything including nothing but a busted draw helps, but multiway, it seems to me like this play takes some guts. Must be some darn fine reads. If nothing else, nice catch on the river! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Edge

Rushmore
03-20-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing that the maniac could hold anything including nothing but a busted draw helps, but multiway, it seems to me like this play takes some guts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the quotation marks around the word guts.

Sehr Gut
03-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Ok, thank you for your answers and now let me explain my thinking.
UTG+1 had a king, im pretty sure about that. The sucker in MP had nothing since he didnt raise me on the flop. Preflop the pot was 20 small bets and the betout i did on the flop is automatic in my opinion. When UTG+1 calls i know he got a king but the maniac can hold anything when he first raises the flop. THen i thought that a reraise could make me get rid of UTG who definately had me beat. When he calls, the sucker calls and maniac capps it i have tremendous odds to call one more bet to draw to a set. When UTG then says he is sure i got AA i feel that it is a big chance i could make him fold if i bet the turn since he will fear that the maniac will raise again and i might reraise.
Maniac also says he hopes i got AA wich means he is not holding a king with a non paired kicker. He either got two pair or a small set.

Then i bet out and UTG+1 folds. WHen he does there is a big chance i increase my outs from 2 to 7 or 8 depending on how you count.
I think its worth to pay the price of two big bets in a pot this big if you can increase your chances to win it like this.

Maniac later complained and couldnt believe my playing. he also said he held 76s for a flopped two plair.

Garland
03-20-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop is K 6 5 rainbow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maniac later complained and couldnt believe my playing. he also said he held 76s for a flopped two plair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better rethink that flopped two pair theory!

Garland

Sehr Gut
03-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Im sorry! The hand was played a long time ago and i didnt remember the exact cards. I thought it was 76 now when i answered but it was 65 he had for a flopped twopair.
I guess this posting thing isnt my strongest thing. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif