PDA

View Full Version : WPT Questions

Slingshot
03-20-2004, 07:59 AM
For all of you who have been to a spectate (or play) a WPT final table, just a few curious questions

1. Does the audience view the players hole cards on the TV screens there? from reactions sometimes it doesnt seem they do
i) If the audience can see the players hole cards is there a pre seating warning given to the audience regarding giving players an insight

2. Is there a cost associated to watching final table play?

3. We see around 2hrs of play (less TV comm) on Travel Channel, generally how long is final table play?

eastbay
03-20-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For all of you who have been to a spectate (or play) a WPT final table, just a few curious questions

1. Does the audience view the players hole cards on the TV screens there? from reactions sometimes it doesnt seem they do
i) If the audience can see the players hole cards is there a pre seating warning given to the audience regarding giving players an insight

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been, but no way! Are you nuts? People would be gasping every time AA was dealt. It's hard enough to keep yourself under control, much less deal with "audience tells."

eastbay

Sincere
03-20-2004, 02:11 PM
1. No!

2. No, not that I know of.

3 They can go around 6-8 hours. Sometimes more.

GOODBEATGUY2001
03-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Much better to watch it on TV as watching it live is too boring.

TimTimSalabim
03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I went to see the championship last year at the Bellagio. Linda Johnson explained during one of the breaks that there is only one person who knows what the hole cards are during the tournament (besides the player, of course /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). There is a technician sitting in a room by himself with a monitor whose only job is to make sure that the hole cards are in view of the camera. The only information he is allowed to convey to the producer is whether so-and-so needs to put their hole cards closer to the stripe around the table where they can be seen. All of Vince and Mike's commentary concerning the hole cards is added post-production.

There is no charge. I'd say the final table lasted about 6 hours in this case.

Rushmore
03-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I think they announce the hole cards via loudspeaker, but ask the players to "kindly disregard the information."

And they oughta pay the audience, cuz it's like watching grass grow.

GoSox
03-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Only one person sees the hole cards, in a locked room with security outside. The rest of the show with the announcers is taped in a studio after the event is completely done, they are sometimes not even there during the event.

Rushmore
03-21-2004, 08:56 AM
So, I guess you thought I was serious then.

<font color="orange"> I hereby propose all tongue-in-cheek/sarcastic comments be made in orange font only. </font>