PDA

View Full Version : Is it right to limp in this situation?

symphonic
03-20-2004, 01:11 AM
I'm playing Party .5/1 and I've probably folded nearly every hand preflop for the past 2 1/2 orbits (i've been getting pretty bad cards). Then directly UTG I get dealt Kings. I know that my raise would get respect here so I decided to limp (with hopes of limp reraising, but no one raised). Anyways, was it right to limp in this situation to keep more people in the pot? or should I be trying to scare off lone aces?

JSD
03-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Do you think anyone at your table noticed that you hadn't been in a hand for two orbits? I doubt it.

bwana devil
03-20-2004, 02:33 AM
i dont think it's ever a good idea to slowplay on micro limits. if you've got a good hand, get the money flowin'.

william

sfer
03-20-2004, 02:37 AM
If you picked a good table the lone Aces are coming regardless and you want them to come along.

If raises are being folded around don't solve that by limping with your big hands. Raise more. I generally only limp-reraise with maniacs behind me. And even then sometimes they don't oblige and I end up missing value. The LL chasers chase regardless.

aas
03-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Raise.

aas.

TheRake
03-20-2004, 03:25 AM
symphonic,

Micro limit players just don't get it (and alot at higher limits). You could fold for 2 hours then come in for a raise UTG and almost always get 3-4 cold callers. It is too hard to try and make up bets later in the hand. Get your money in while you are a big favorite.

Side note: I have had K's 178 times and make 2.5bb with them. That means if only the blinds call (which they almost always do) you make about what you should make with them. stress free.

TheRake

SpaceAce
03-20-2004, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that my raise would get respect here so I decided to limp

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha! Wow, thanks for cheering me up, I needed that. Heh heh.

"My raise would get respect." Tee-hee. Whoo.

SpaceAce

B Dids
03-20-2004, 03:53 AM
I've played at a table for two hours, only raised with groups 1 and 2, and I'll still get 4 callers.

Never give micro limit players more credit that they deserve unless you have specific reads on them.

JSD
03-20-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that my raise would get respect here so I decided to limp

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I think open-folding is the preferred option. Good deceptive play to keep those observant players on their toes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

k000k
03-20-2004, 06:19 AM
As said above, RAISE! If you limp, they'll call. If you raise, they'll call. See what i mean?