PDA

View Full Version : Easy Laydown?

tdomeski
03-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Stars .10/.25 NLHE

In BB with $42.80 dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

One limper to MP1
MP1 with $23.50 raises to $1
MP2 calls
I call
Limper calls, Pot $4.10

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I led out for $4
MP1 raises to $12
All fold to me

I'm thinking I'm behind AK, AJ, AA, and JJ so I think for awhile and fold. . . .

He shows AJ. . .

This hand made me feel a little funny... .should I have reraised the weak pre flop bet and try and get HU or did I play it right. ..do I check the flop and see what develops?

Thanks in advance.

SevenStuda
03-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Why do you have to ask if you played the hand right? You folded when you were beat without losing too much $. Leads me to one of two conclusions. 1.) You're a complete idiot. 2.) You want a pat on the back for laying down Aces.

tdomeski
03-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Man, I appreciate your insight. You are really helping me to become a better poker player, thanks. Now do me a favor and go play in traffic. If you actually read my post, which apparently you did not, I specifically asked about my preflop decision to cold call the raise from the blinds or if I should have raised to isolate. Thanks man, you are a real help. When you going pro?

jakeoneil
03-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey SevenStuda.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/macsrpoo77/howabouta.jpg

jakeoneil
03-22-2004, 12:40 AM
I hate you guys and your little smart @ss comments. Some people really want to learn, so why dont you see my last post. And also, I love it when someone is an ass, and then someone calls them on it....

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/macsrpoo77/oopsfatmustard.jpg

Gomez22
03-22-2004, 12:49 AM

Gomez22
03-22-2004, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand made me feel a little funny... .should I have reraised the weak pre flop bet and try and get HU or did I play it right. ..do I check the flop and see what develops?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts (I promise to be a little better than our resident sperm-burper, I promise)....

I hate AQ in NL games.. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it..... I don't think I EVER call a raise with it unless I know the PF raiser is relatively loose. These mini-PF raises always smell like mid-small PP's to me, and I have played with a bunch of people that min-raise everything.

I would think that I'm going to be out of position for the rest of the hand, and unless the flop hits me really hard, I'm going to be check-folding if I just call. If you re-raise, you're also in crappy position for the rest of the hand, so I woulda folded this PF if it were AQo, although AQs.... it's probably worth a call just to see the flop.

That being said, when he re-raises your flop bet, it's time to call it quits.... unless he likes to bluff alot. With another diamond on this flop, I'm pushing behind his raise, but in this case, I fold.