PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Implied Odds

scrub
03-19-2004, 11:27 PM
I think this is a pretty easy fold--do you guys?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Button ($225.50)
SB ($76)
BB ($235.50)
SCRUB ($223.50)
UTG+1 ($40)
MP1 ($128)
MP2 ($208.50)
MP3 ($36.50)
CO ($170.50)

Preflop: SCRUB is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
SCRUB calls $2, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls $2, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $2, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB bets $12, BB calls $12, SCRUB folds.....

Huskiez
03-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I would definitely fold.

bunky9590
03-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Definitely a fold. No way I dump another dollar in from there with limping in PF. If i raised, PF, I'd make the obligatory pot bet as long as they checked to me.

1800GAMBLER
03-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I at least call here. This would be different if i was in the SB though.

scrub
03-21-2004, 12:31 AM
If you were in the SB, nobody else would have acted yet, so you'd probably think about the relative merits of checking v. betting out. I think that's an interesting decision as well.

Jay!--if you call on the flop, how do you play the turn when you get bet into again if (1) you are the only other caller, or (2) if there are coldcallers behind you as well. Remember this is on UB where the "Bet Pot" button is going to mean that you're facing a big bet or bluff if someone decides to make one...

scrub

CrisBrown
03-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Hi scrub,

Good fold. In this pot, it's hugely unlikely that TPTK is going to take it. Good time to get away and let the flush and/or chasers have fun.

Cris

1800GAMBLER
03-21-2004, 11:32 AM
I meant if i was in the SB i'd be ready to checkfold right away.

I still think this is a case of fearing the flush way too much though, if everyone at the table plays ANY suited, i mean including 25s 26s and all that crap then it's a 1 in 4 chance you are behind now. Other than that, there aren't many ways right now you can be behind.

If 2 more coldcall behind me the turn is easier, fold.

If i knew that i am 100% certain to face a pot sized bet on the turn will make me fold the flop though.

turnipmonster
03-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I think a more interesting question would be, what would you do if you have the Ah, called the flop and the turn blanks, and the SB pushes?

--turnipmonster

dennischambers
03-21-2004, 06:56 PM
I agree with the fold here. The fact that you have little chance of improving your hand makes calling another big bet on the turn almost impossible, especially if another heart comes off. The fact that you had no hearts in your hand and virtually no chance of improving makes tptk look very weak in this situation, especially with a caller in front of you who may have a made hand...

1800GAMBLER
03-21-2004, 09:12 PM
If you have the best hand what do you want to improve to? You're at the top of the food chain already, go eat fish.

scrub
03-22-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're at the top of the food chain already, go eat fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, in games of this size and larger on UB, the losing players aren't your typical Party moron "fish." Many are mediocre but reasonable overly tightish opponents who defend themselves with the "bet pot" button. There are also a lot of extremely aggressive shortbuyers who probably don't win money but can cause you a lot of headaches in a pot like this.

Calling here, even in a game with weaker opposition and shallower stacks, is a big mistake. You're not even close to closing the action with your call, you can't call a raise behind you, you're going to have trouble calling a reasonable sized bet on the turn with one pair, and if you do call a bet on the turn, you're going to end up looking at a giant pot, possibly out of position on the river, and a shortstacked player in front of you pushing with what could easily be a missed naked A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, wondering how on earth you got yourself into a pot this large with such a thin holding.

scrub

1800GAMBLER
03-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Do you see the worst in every situation?

scrub
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Nope, but I make an effort to stay clear of the bad ones.