PDA

View Full Version : Pot and Implied Odds Calculators - xpost

webiggy
03-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi gang,

I've been spending alot of time (maybe too much) time reviewing hands on pokertracker and have found the playback funtion invaluable. I really love the pot odds calculator because it really helps illustrate the quality of certain players calls. In fact, if nothing else, it really drives home the value trying to keep pots small in loose games to discourage suckouts (there have been a rash of them lately) but have found surprisingly that many of these suckouts have been justified by pot odds (although perhaps not by implied odds).

Anyway, the point of this is that I've been playing around with creating a spreadsheet that I can use as a tool to calculate pot odds and implied odds that can be compared to my projected outs. But, rather than reinventing the wheel, I was wondering if there were any tools that exist presently that either plug into online rooms or can be used offline.

Also, slightly off topic, the guru references a software program that he uses to analyze hand strength. Does anyone know what he's referring to? I don't think that is Acespade, but if is, oh well. I'm looking for something abit more robust.

Thanks for your help.