PDA

View Full Version : They all came up short! ! !

03-27-2002, 12:11 AM
Good action 4-8. I’m one off button and had just won a pot. I was stacking my chips when action came to me. I looked at KK both red. For some reason I decided not to raise.

Action comes to LB with 6 players, he raises with AcAd.

BB calls with Js8s and next calls with Qc7c and others call and I just call.

Flop is 8d Jc Kc.

I love my top set. LB bets his rockets. BB raises with 2 pair. Flush draw calls. I decided only to call and raise on turn, if no club comes.

Turn is 8c.

WOW ! ! ( a club and it pairs the board!)

LB still bets (AA 88), BB raises (888JJ). Made flush calls. I raise. LB calls (he also has outs: possible nut flush / full house). BB caps. Flush still calls.

River is 4h. LB checks. BB bets. Flush calls. I raise. All call (even LB)!

MONSTER POT ! ! !

One of those situations where most everyone made their hand but still came up short.

03-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Nice hand. OK, you didn't raise preflop when it came to you because you were stacking chips. I don't like it, but I'll deal with it.

But not limp-reraising when it gets back to you is unfathomable to me.

Cool story though. It's nice when those dream hands happen to you instead of the other guy!

03-27-2002, 01:16 AM
that's beautiful. that's why they say that poker is a game of good situations, not good cards. i once flopped a nut flush (i had Ad5d) and had some decent action coming with me on the turn and into the river, when the river makes the royal flush for me (TdJdQdKd on board). 2 pair, a set and straight all folded and one straight called my river bet. the 'improvement' cost me some substantial action.

that said, i love it when someone else gets second best and i have the monster.