PDA

View Full Version : getting better

pokerkid88
03-19-2004, 08:40 PM
im 15 and carzy about poker. im not one of those fake kids who saw the wsop on tv and decided to go pro, i decided to become as good as possible beforeeven knowing what the wsop was. ive been reading/analyzing all the books and using wilson software, as well as playing in the pointless online play money games but have no place to play live poker regularly. i would appreciate any advice on ways to improve my game from you seasoned players.

ThaSaltCracka
03-19-2004, 08:46 PM
buy Sklansky's books,
play hands online and post your play on here(in the correct forum) and let people analyze your play. Also analyze other peoples hands on here as well. That should get you headed in the right direction.

baggins
03-20-2004, 03:15 AM
get your friends to play? start playing in home games (if you can find any that don't mind 15year old kids...)

follow the suggestions in the previous reply as well, and keep reading and analyzing everything in here.

find somebody to play with you for real money. anybody. find a friend who will pursue poker with you.

get good grades, go to a good college, and get a good job so you can have a decent bankroll...