PDA

View Full Version : Flop 2 Pair

BIGRED
03-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP2

UTG bets, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls

Flop(10 SB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, Hero raises, CO calls, UTG folds

Turn(7 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO calls

River(9 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

What do you guys think about the river action?

BIGRED
03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Opponent had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

lil'
03-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Well, you can't fold, and you'd hate to get popped again here, so calling seems really good to me.

mmanne
03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I think you've got to pay him off, but expect to see the nut flush or nut straight. Too many people on Party 1/2 will raise there if they catch their two pair.

matt

arkady
03-19-2004, 05:04 PM
3 bet with K7s, i was expecting something like AK or KK...go figure.

BIGRED
03-19-2004, 05:16 PM
You wouldn't check call fearing he might have flopped a flush and just slow played to the river?

Or, if he had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and was waiting for the fourth /images/graemlins/spade.gif then betting deosn't gain anything for me.

lil'
03-20-2004, 12:46 AM
You wouldn't check call fearing he might have flopped a flush and just slow played to the river?
Nope. Just cause there are 3 of one suit on the board, it doesn't mean someone automatically has a flush. The fewer opponents there are, the more this is true. You would not believe the crap people will call with, even on a scary board like this.

Or, if he had K and was waiting for the fourth then betting deosn't gain anything for me.
It gains you money while you put money in the pot with the best hand.

I think you played this hand as well as you could.

Saborion
03-20-2004, 12:50 AM
huh? It was UTG that pulled a limp-reraise. The CO just called all the way until the river.