PDA

View Full Version : How poorly did I play this A9s?

chesspain
03-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Party 2/4...nice, passive table...EP2 had previously flopped two-pair but only checkcalled the flop and turn until raising his rivered boat, whereas MP was a calling station, gutshot chaser...

I'm in the BB and get dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Folded to EP2 who raises, folded to MP who coldcalls, folded to Button who coldcalls, folded to me and I call...four to the flop (8.5SB).

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I checked (looking to c/r so that I could trap everyone for multiple bets), EP2 checked (!?), MP checked, Button checked...four to the turn (4BB).

[K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif] J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I checked, EP2 bets, MP raises, Button coldcalls, I coldcall, EP2 calls...four to the river (12BB).

[K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif] Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, EP2 bets, MP calls, Button folds, I raise, EP2 and MP both call.

Final Pot: 18BB

Did I play this hand as poorly as I think I did? I felt like a fish who bit through the line at the last minute.

Results below in white:

<font color="white">EP2 openraised with 2c Qc for the turned str8
MP showed As 3s for the rivered A-high str8
...and of course my flush is good! </font>

hutz
03-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure why you think you played this poorly. You could have bet the flop, which might have told you where you stood relative to the EP2 player (a raise sounds like it would have meant something coming from him), while likely collecting value from a lot of calls. Your choice (going for the C/R) certainly is valid, though. I think you played it well on the other streets, too.

spamuell
03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
I think you played this fine. No one manages to check-raise 100% of the time they try and with PF raiser on your left, a check-raise seems much more natural than making them call two cold, which will happen a lot of the time.