PDA

View Full Version : Last hand blues ... but not for me!

CrisBrown
03-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Since we're posting "good beat" stories, here's mine from yesterday. Again, it's my last hand of the session, as I'd set a time when I was going to quit and make dinner. And after a recent last hand debacle, I'd decided not to get involved in a big pot on my last hand of a session....

Situation: $2/4 NL on PokerStars. I'd been quiet for about an hour -- bad cards, worse flops -- but over the last half-hour I've been on a rush, gaining almost $400. My image is probably loose-aggressive at this point, although actually I've been getting good hands and even better flops. I have $967.50; the relevant opponent has $267.50.

I'm in MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. It's folded to me, and I raise it to $16. The button calls, as does the BB. Pot is $50.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

So much for not getting involved in a bit pot on the last hand of a session.... The BB checks, and I check behind. The button bets $24, BB folds, and I think for awhile and call. Pot = $98

Turn: [7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check. Button bets $24. I think for awhile and raise it to $48. Button thinks for a longer while, and pushes all-in for $179.50. I call.

River: [7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif] K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Button types: "wow .. nh .. flush and I was dead from the start." I leave with over $1250 after a $400 buy-in. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cris

TheGrifter
03-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Well played Cris, nice one.

PugX
03-19-2004, 01:49 PM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif