PDA

View Full Version : Point system for home tournament players

Lottery Larry
03-19-2004, 10:35 AM
I was thinking about assigning points and tracking totals for the tournaments that I have started running. I am not sure what I would use these for yet- possibly a "Tournament champions" tournament, maybe for some invitational tournaments to reward regular players. I might assign extra points for cash game participation and other frequent-player activities.

My thought was to multiply your final result at each tournament by a certain base point value, such as 2. In a 20-player tourney, last place would get 2 points and first place would get 40.

Should I weight the final table, the final few places and/or the people in the money with greater points? An example- multiply by 3 for final table, 4 for in the money and 5 for top few spots?

Should I add weights- any suggestions?- based on tournament size? Does winning a 25-player tournament mean that much more than winning a 6 player tourney?

I did not think buy-in value should be weighted- I don't see the difference between winning a 10-player $50 tournament and a 10-player $10 tournament.

I might also publish and maintain an MVP list based on the points. I did not know whether this would be bad rather than good for the game.

TYIA for any suggestions or comments.
LL