PDA

View Full Version : A thing of beauty

Toro
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
I witnessed a hand yesterday on-line in a $1/2 blind NLHE game on PS where a play was made that I thought was a thing of beauty. Fortunately, I was not very deep so the hand didn't cost me much. I'm hoping that if I was deep that I would have had the sense to fold.

The player who made the play was a LAG and he was in the BB. These details could be a little sketchy because I was distracted by the phone during the hand but I think this is close.

I had some time to kill so I got into this game for only $80 and was whittled down to about $30. I had to be somewhere so I didn't add any chips, just planned to play it out until I had to leave. Not really important to the story.

Continuing, it was a family pot with about 6 limping in including me with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif. So I got bottom pair and a flush draw. Betting went like this: Check, check(LAG), bet $6, call,fold, call(me), fold, call(LAG). Four of us left now. I got $22 left.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Check(LAG), bet $6, call, call(me), call(LAG). River: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. LAG who was about $300 deep in chips bets all-in. Man it looked all the world like he was playing the board and trying to steal the pot. The next guy who was the one driving the hand before the River was also deep, almost $300 and he instantaneously calls. Next guy who was also deep had the sense to fold. I only had $16 left and I was "sure" of my read so I called too. LAG turns over, are you ready for this, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif to take down a really nice pot.

I don't know what was going through the guys head as he made this play but if he was planning it to look like a steal it was brilliant.