PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was good, I got involved in some rare hands.

Trix
03-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Yep, lost both flopped set over set and flopped flush over flush over flush /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Loose. All are fish.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> When SB bets and I hold the 2. nut flush I´m thinking that I dont want to raise and shut every one out, so I flat call, then button raises and I think, oh well, enough slowplay for now and 3bet. But then MP3 caps and I´m like WTF, he call-capped my call-3bet, he have the A-High flush, but then I think; well it could be a fishy played hand, so I call down. OK ? </font>

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kc 8c (flush, king high).
MP3 shows 3c Ac (flush, ace high).
Button shows 6c 2c (flush, queen high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 16 BB. </font>

Guido
03-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Cool, well played... Sometimes I would bet the turn again just to make sure.

Guido

Piiop
03-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Definitely a rare hand. The call-cap is very suspicious. However, I think I would bet out on the turn. I'm not sure it would be the best play but I could definitly see a party player making this move with a lower flush, a set, two pair, and possibly AcQ. Once he raises me on the turn and the button cold-calls I would put on my angry face and call, check-call.

Solitare
03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Despite the outcome of this hand, I think this is another big slow-play mistake -- you needed to raise the SB right away after the flop.

It'll be pretty rare that someone else will have the A-high flush at this point. What is MUCH more likely is that someone will have the flush A with an offsuit card and will be drawing to the nut flush. It is also MUCH more likely that if someone else flopped a flush that it will not be the nut flush and they will be drawing dead.

You want to raise immediately on the flop to make someone with Axo pay for his nuts draw and to milk anyone with the smaller flush who will likely call any bet on the flop down. The ideal situation is that you would get into a raising war with a smaller flush and make draws pay dearly.

CrackerZack
03-19-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Despite the outcome of this hand, I think this is another big slow-play mistake -- you needed to raise the SB right away after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a pretty poor raise unless your opponents are absolutely horrendous and will all call 2 cold here which is likely never.

I personally would've check-raised the turn in this hand. 3 flopped flushes...good god... where is my tinfoil hat?

AviD
03-19-2004, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 flopped flushes...good god... where is my tinfoil hat?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't believe the crap I saw Party pump out on the board last night at 2/4. I found it quite humorous and rather contradictory to random card generation odds.

Couple examples...

Momo #1 calls my UTG+1 AA PF raise with T4o in LP, flop comes T4A and she gets capped out...turn blank and she gets capped out...river 4 to boat him up...I saw the boat and I went weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Momo #2 completed the SB after my LMP 88 PF raise. Flop comes 38J and I raise his bet into me...he calls, turn comes J boating me up and she gets capped, river comes 5 and yeah I done got toasted like a fillet del sol as SB turns over J5o. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I just find it pretty funny how frequently that happens...naturally it's going to happen...but man, I can't imagine the odds of the consistency I've been seeing on Party 2/4 lately.

Nevertheless, I bang my head against the monitor a few dozen times and I'm back in the game to post a moderate win when all is said and done.

It could be worse, I could see A2o on the button and [censored] my pants! Sup astro! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif