PDA

View Full Version : Flop call was a missclick.

Trix
03-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Flop call was a missclick, so no comments on that.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

<font color="green"> I wanted to check-call </font>

River: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

<font color="green"> I canīt believe MP3 checked twice after betting the flop, should I have fired instead? </font>

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kc 9d (two pair, kings and nines).
MP3 shows 6s 6c (one pair, sixes).
Button shows As Jd (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 4.25 BB. </font>

Guido
03-19-2004, 07:49 AM
I think you mean the flop not the turn because I would fold this on the flop. Perhaps you did mean the turn but I wouldn't check-call but bet out. Same thing on the river.

Guido

Piiop
03-19-2004, 07:55 AM
I think you definitely have to bet the river here. Can't check the river with two-pair after the turn is checked around.

CarlNiclas
03-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I'd fold this on the flop every day in limit hold'em.

sfer
03-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Why check/call the turn? Just bet. Whiff on the river checkraise? Again, just bet. You'll get callers.

SoBeDude
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
I canīt believe MP3 checked twice after betting the flop, should I have fired instead?

Yes. In almost all cases, you're better off betting out here, especially when the turn got checked through.

Don't expect your opponent to bet your hand for you, and nice catch!

-Scott

SoBeDude
03-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Its amazing how many people don't really read a post.

AJo Go All In
03-19-2004, 02:43 PM
It's amazing how many people are too stupid to figure out that the poster edited the post, and while it now says flop call it originally said turn call.