PDA

View Full Version : 99 from EP

Trix
03-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) - No read on main opponents as he had sat like 5 hands ago.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> I would have reraised here if the BB had folded, but I didnīt think it was good when it was 3way. </font>

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> Should I bet this flop and give him a chance to eliminate BB with a hand like Overcards, 1 club or fold overcards, no clubs and maybe take it down right there. </font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds.

<font color="green"> I didnīt want a check-through. </font>

River: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

<font color="green"> Thought I was ahead, but is check-calling better ? </font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9h 9c (flush, jack high).
MP2 shows 8c 8h (flush, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.75 BB. </font>

Guido
03-19-2004, 07:45 AM
I would raise this hand preflop. I would bet out on the flop because I don't want to give any free cards and perhaps you drive the BB out when MP2 raises. If the MP raises on the flop I would C/R on the turn and bet out on the river again. When he just called your bet on the flop I would just bet, bet, bet.

Guido

CarlNiclas
03-19-2004, 08:06 AM
I'd raise this pre flop if the table conditions were in any way favorable (and if they weren't, why were you there? /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Regarding the flop - you have a decent flush draw and an over pair - BET! Depending on the opponent (I know you didn't have any reads) I might reraise it if he raised you.

On the turn - why were you afraid of a check through? MP2 had raised pre flop and bet on the flop. There was no indication that he wouldn't bet again. The bet from you is correct though. You still have an over pair and the 4 likely didn't help anyone. At least no one sane.

The river is a clear bet to me. You might have a better flush against you, but you're also very likely up against A7, 87s, two big cards, or even a higher over pair with no flush. Many bad/medium players won't fold this in this spot thinking you're bluffing the flush. If you get raised, I'd call for much the same reason.