PDA

View Full Version : KJ flops the fullhouse

Chris Daddy Cool
03-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Royal Vegas .5/1.00

I'm UTG+1, open raise with K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif (i know, bad)
only one caller, LP1. the blinds fold.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I check. LP1 checks.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check. LP1 checks. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

River: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet. LP1 raises, I 3bet, he caps.

He shows Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the rivered straight
I show him my fullhouse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do you guys think?

sthief09
03-19-2004, 03:53 AM
If you admit open-raising with KJs is a bad move, why did you do it?

I don't know that I'd check the turn. If he's ever going to get a piece of it, he got it on the turn. At least let him pay for the draw. Keep in mind that over 80% of the time here your opponent would've missed and folded the river. If that was the case you would've flopped a boat and won a grand total of 0 bets from someone who was willing to call a bet on the turn.

Trix
03-19-2004, 06:18 AM
You have to bet the turn. Else you might miss alot if he is holding a J too.

Zetack
03-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I think it was brilliant. Look if he has a king, he bets it on your turn check. If he has a jack, same thing. If he has neither of those what's he gonna call a bet with?

My only question is the river bet. At this point I think you have to make it--or at least I do because I don't have the stones to risk checking away my boat. On the plus side he may see it as a bluff and call it if he has nothing. But he might just go away. But a check here too might induce a bluff if he has nothing.

Fortunately he picked up a big hand...which is one of the big reasons to slow play a monster in the first place.

--Zetack

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have been in this hand at all...

Nate tha' Great
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Open-raising with KJs is fine.

Barry Zito is a wanker.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Barry Zito is a wanker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Who do you like?

GlobalMegaCorp
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
That's the problem with flopping these nut-type hands. You just kind of have to luck out and hope your opponents get something good too, otherwise they're just going to fold the second you bet if there isn't much money in the pot yet. I think this is an example of where patience prevails.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Hero shows As Ad (four of a kind, aces).
MP2 shows 8c Jd (flush, ace high).
MP3 shows Qs 7s (two pair, aces and queens).
CO shows 6c 9s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB.