PDA

View Full Version : I hate the 4-bet cap

MaxPower
03-19-2004, 01:20 AM
This is one of these hands where you wish you were playing live. I didn't have any reads on the players as I just sat down and was watching the Simpsons.

I'm curious how you feel about each street.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: MaxPower is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MaxPower calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MaxPower calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MaxPower checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (6.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MaxPower bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, MaxPower calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MaxPower checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.16 BB, between MaxPower and MP3.</font>

DonWaade
03-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Not sure about calling the pre flop raise since you said that you did not have a good read on the board, everything else looks good. I really like the raise after the flop.

P.S. Simpsons + Poker = Good night

Trix
03-19-2004, 11:00 AM
I would rather bet the flop, than check-raise.
If he holds AJ-AQ, TT-QQ he will probably muck and you might take it down there. If he raise you, it will be easier to checkraise if a club hits.

Did he hold 99 or KK ? Maybe AA ?

MaxPower
03-19-2004, 12:34 PM
I think that is a good point. Given that there are only 2 opponents, it might be worth betting the flop. I think my check raise on the flop allowed me to get excessive action with the nuts. However, considering this player it probably wasn't necessary.

Believe it or not he had J /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

CrackerZack
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
limping and folding for 1 more bet should be done very rarely. unless you're tommy angelo, then I guess you can do it because it makes for a good read on his website.