PDA

View Full Version : Two QQ hands

Wingnut
03-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Two QQ hands from Party .5/1. Early in my session so no reads on anyone.

1) I'm in the CO with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG calls, all fold to me and I raise. Blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG bets, I fold.

Is that routine, or way too weak? The pot didn't seem big enough to call him down on the chance he was pushing only a flush draw.

2) That same orbit, I am UTG+2 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+1 calls, I raise, CO (UTG from previous hand) calls 2 cold, button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls (4 see flop).

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet, only CO and SB call (3 see turn).

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. SB checks, I bet, CO folds, SB calls.

River K /images/graemlins/spade.gif[9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. SB checks, I can't bear to see this checked down, so I bet, SB check-raises, I make the crying call.

Was that a poor river bet? Results in white: <font color="white"> SB shows QJo for the straight </font>

Thanks,
-David

Trix
03-19-2004, 06:34 AM
1) yep, routine.
2) Was that a poor river bet?
I assume that you had decide whether or not you want to call a check-raise before you made the bet and in this case you wanted to call him down.

So instead of asking if its good or bad, you should ask whether your hand will be good more than 55% of the time you are called.

What range of hands will he call with and what range of hands will he check-raise with ?